Wednesday, February 13, 2008

NOSTALGIA





THE B-52s

i remember riding in the car with my mom and sister and my mom was teaching hannah the words to "hot-pants" which is one of my favourite memories, hannah was maybe seven, and i was what eleven? i don't know, its funny because that song is sorta dirty, it was playing really loud, and we were all laughing.

and the summer before moving to minnesota i listened to them for like three months non stop, they were the only tapes in my car, them and madonna, and best of bowie. they make me want my family, and summer, and a little bit wyoming, like the drive to laramie.

anyway they are brilliant and fun, and if you think they are just "rock lobster", you are mistaken. They have a new album coming out called FUNPLEX, in march, so keep an eye out, i heard some of it and the lyric that stuck was, "I'm at the mall, and on a diet pill!!" so they haven't missed a beat.

No comments: