Thursday, January 31, 2008

SUCH DREAMS AS THESE

i have been having really vivid dreams recently, what with all this sleeping. last night i dreamed that me and my family were swimming in this gigantic lake. there were like pine trees growing under the water, and as you swam your legs got poked by the needles. the sky was huge and stormy and beautiful. we swam and swam and swam and eventually we arrived at the other side. a moment of the dream stands out, it was just me, my face the only thing sticking out of the water, i was swirling my self around with my arms, and the water was freezing an it was getting into my mouth. nothing drastic happened but i remember when we all got to the other side, i felt really elated and accomplished. there was no danger or rush...we were just swimming in silence for a really long time. and the other side was the same as the shore that we left.

i realized upon waking that i dream of water alot, and ships, and whales. i don't know what this means, and i don't really believe that there are universal symbols in dreams. water means something for me and something else for you. atleast i think thats what i think. i'm going to start keeping a dream journal.

No comments: